Hey guys! This post has been long over due. Since people frequently ask, I am sharing my top 10 e.l.f. products for women of color. Most people make the common assumption that most drug store brands do not carry items that are women of color friendly. However, I am here to put you on! Honestly, e.l.f. Cosmetics is one of the 1st makeup brands I purchased. Before the full face beat, in college, when your girl was only rocking eyebrows and face powder lol. Nonetheless, I have been using e.l.f. Cosmetics products for a while. Their brand has grown so much since then, and surprisingly most of the products I loved over 5 years ago, I still use today!
As most of you know, I did win a trip with e.l.f. Cosmetics this past March. Not only was that experience the best ever, I was able to learn more about their products. Unfortunately,I did not do a post about it so check out my Instagram. Because of this experience and my years of using e.l.f. products, I am sharing my top 10 e.l.f products for women of color. Your girl is not making any coins from this post as a disclaimer. (Some people always assume bloggers share things because they are being paid lol). Just like fashion, makeup can be expensive. For that reason, I am sharing my top favorite products from e.l.f. Cosmetics. I, by no means, am saying I love all e.l.f. products, but these right here are it. I use all of these products almost every time I am doing or wearing makeup.
But enough rambling and on to the goodies!
- Powder Blush Palette in Dark. Since I got my hands on this, I wear it every time I do my makeup! Sometimes I mix 2 colors, and sometimes I mix them all. Either way, a blush from this palette is always on my face lol. Plus, the colors in the dark palette are perfect for women of color.
- Baked Highlighter in Apricot Glow. Baby, this peachy gold highlighter never fails me. Although it is not my top favorite highlighter of all times, its in the top 3! It gives off such a subtle, not over the top glow. I wear this usually during the day, when I want to wear a highlighter and not be too extra! If you are quite ready to shine bright like a diamond and still want a glow, this is for you!
- Makeup Mist & Set. Now this is an OG on my vanity. Up until this January, I never owned a MAC Fix Plus. I have been using this to set my makeup for years. And although Fix Plus is nice, I still reach for this constantly.
- Lip Exfoliaor. The only lip exfoliator I use period, and another product I have been using for years. I use the original kind, but now that have different flavors.
- Clear Brow and Lash Mascara Gel. I have been down since the white packaging. This here is a throwback that never gets old. I started using this product to tame and groom my super curly lashes before I apply a black mascara.
- Lip Lacquer in Praline. This is newer product from e.l.f., but I constantly find myself reaching for this. The color is warm, neutral, and amazing!
- Contour Blush & Bronzing Powder in Antigua. Before contouring was a thing, I thought I was the deal with this pink blush. The blush was the only reason I brought this palette back in the day. Now, I love it because of the contour powder. This is the only contour powder I own.
- Shine Eraser Blotting Sheets. The blotting sheets have been a staple in my bag for years. There is never a time when I give someone one of these sheets, and they do ask me where they are from. You can literally see all the oil its sucks off your skin once you get done blotting. Every oily girl or boy needs this. Plus it’s only $1!
- Intense Ink Eyeliner. This eyeliner here has restored my faith in successfully achieving a wing liner lol. But honestly, my eyeliner struggles went away the moment I tried this product!
- Powder Brush & Flawless Concealer Brush. I had to save the best for last! E.l.f. brushes are my favorite products hands down! The powder brush is my all time favorite makeup brush. I use it to apply liquid and powder foundation. I used the flawless concealer brush to apply one of my favorite makeup products…highlight!
Just like clothes and shoes, you can mix high end and drug store makeup. Focus on what works for you, the quality of the product, and not the price! Trust me, I have high end makeup products that I love as well lol. Hopefully this shed some light on drug store options that are available for women of color, and inspires you to try some products from e.l.f.
Comment down below if you enjoy posts like this so I can do more!
And as always…until next time!